Giancarlo Mazzù guitar
Luciano Troja piano
Recorded on April 28th, 2019 at 2nd Story Sound, New York City.
Sound engineer: M.P.Kuo.
Mixed and mastered by Alessandro Luvarà, at Spain Audio Studio, Molochio (RC)
The long standing duo Mazzù and Troja, return with a new selection of their original compositions, on this their fourth SLAM CD, another important milestone on their path together, marking over 15 years of collaboration and music empathy.
‘Any Morning’ presents 10 new original compositions, through which the two musicians open their musical vision to new languages through their mutual sensitivity.
The programme traces the duo’s unique style of improvisation based on their own compositions, from baroque to jazz roots, to avant-garde.
In particular, the title of the CD, and also the composition, "Any Morning" (track 4) take inspiration from a poem by the great poet Bill Zavatsky, (from the book "Where X Marks the Spot", Hanging Loose Press, 2006, 2019). Poet/pianist, Zavatsky is well-known also for the poem "Elegy (for Bill Evans 1929-1980)" composed for the legendary Bill Evans recording "You Must Believe in Spring" and printed on the sleeve of the vinyl album, 1981.
- Afternoon (Luciano Troja) 5:37
- Quando Il Vento E’ Cessato (Giancarlo Mazzù) 3:46
- First Time (Luciano Troja) 5:16
- Any Morning (Luciano Troja) 6:59
- Manlight (Luciano Troja) 4:55
- Lifetime (Giancarlo Mazzù) 7:26
- Before The Wind (Luciano Troja) 7:27
- Overcoming Obstacles (Giancarlo Mazzù) 4:55
- Da Cuore A Cuore (Giancarlo Mazzù) 5:56
- Stars Over Me (Giancarlo Mazzù) 5:26
Also available through all digital outlets, including:
iTunes/Apple Music: https://geo.music.apple.com/gb/album/any-morning/1484325909?mt=1&app=music
Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07ZD8CQQG